Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Author: SACO Pantry
Recipe type: Side
- 2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed, cut into approximately 1 inch pieces
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of Saco Cultured Buttermilk blend
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh chives (diced) optional
- Put potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and add 1 tsp salt. Cover and bring the water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook potatoes until they can easily be pierced with a fork (about 20 to 25 minutes). Drain the potatoes and set aside.
- Mix the Buttermilk blend with 1 c. water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add buttermilk mixture, sour cream and butter to the cooked potatoes and mash to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives if desired.