An American breakfast classic
Author: SACO Pantry
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 10 servings
- 1 cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Sliced strawberries and bananas (optional)
- In large mixing bowl combine Buttermilk Blend, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add beaten eggs, water and oil to dry ingredients.
- Beat just until batter is smooth.
- Do not overbeat.
- Drop from a spoon onto a hot greased griddle and cook until top is full of tiny bubbles and the underside is brown.
- Turn and brown on other side.
- Top with sliced strawberries and bananas or your favorite fruit.
Calories: 351 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 50g Sugar: 11g Sodium: 755mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 8mg