Give Mom the attention she deserves with a truly special breakfast in bed: classic buttermilk pancakes, decadent biscotti to pair with her coffee, and a delicious side of fresh berries with sweet topping. Homemade and filled with love.
Berry Bowl With Whipped Topping
Turn a bowl of berries into a treat!
Author: SACO Pantry
Serves: 10 servings
- ⅓ cup ice cold water
- ½ cup SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Strawberries, stems removed and sliced in halves
- Place ice water in a one-quart mixing bowl.
- Add Mix’n Drink.
- Beat with rotary beater, at high speed, until mixture stands in soft peaks.
- Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Continue beating until quite firm.
- Place a dollop of whipped topping into bottom of individual custard cups or small serving dishes
- Fill cups with an assortment of berries
- Place a large spoonful of whipped topping on top of the berries.
- Chill remaining whipped topping and use as you would whipped cream.
Chill beaters and bowl for best results
Serving size: 1 small bowl Calories: 25 Fat: 0 g Saturated fat: 0 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 5 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 19 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 1 mg
Serves: 9 cups
- 5 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2½ cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 small onion or leek
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ cups SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- 5 parsley sprigs
- 3 cups cold water
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ¼ tsp black pepper pinch of garlic powder
- Cook potatoes in 2½ cups water with salt until tender.
- Reserve cooking water.
- Sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Place onion, some of the potatoes, some potato water, ½ cup SACO Mix’n Drink, and parsley in blender and puree.
- Do not fill blender more than half full at any time.
- Place potato mixture in large saucepan and repeat until all potatoes and water are pureed. (Optional: Leave some potatoes whole.)
- Heat mixture.
- In small pitcher combine 3 cups water and 1 cup Mix’n Drink.
- Add to saucepan mixture.
- Stirring continuously, add the cheese, butter and seasonings.
- Heat until the cheese is melted and soup is hot; do not boil.
Calories: 169 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 3g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 652mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 14mg
Peanut Butter Honey Spread
Serves: 24 servings
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ Tbsp SACO Mix’n Drink Instant Skim Milk
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup raisins
- Blend all ingredients together and use as spread on any bread desired.
Calories: 64 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 26mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg