Easy Bake Chicken
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 clove garlic black pepper - to taste
- 3 lbs chicken
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Reconstitute Buttermilk Blend with water.
- In separate mixing bowl stir together flour and spices.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then roll into flour mixture.
- Place chicken in cake pan or on broiler pan, skin-side down.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 325°F and turn chicken over.
- Bake an additional 45 minutes.
Optional Method (Fried):
- Using same batter recipe, but put 1 cup of vegetable oil in bottom of cake pan.
- Put pan with oil in oven for about 5 minutes, getting oil hot.
- Place chicken in pan and follow the same cooking instructions as above.
- Be creative with your spices.
- Add things you like for a zesty and wonderful taste sensation, like oregano, basil, or seasoning salt, or really spice things up with some chili powder, cayenne, or whatever your taste buds are calling for!
Calories: 214 Fat: 0g Saturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 54mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 9g Cholesterol: 23mg