Flourless Chocolate Cake
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup Saco premium cocoa
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups Saco chocolate chunks
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8-inch round cake pan. Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the cake, put 1 cup of the chocolate chunks and the unsalted butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat until the butter is melted and the chunks are soft, about 1 minute.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla to mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add the eggs and stir until smooth. Next, add the cocoa and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until cake has a thin crust on top.
- Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and carefully turn it upside down onto a serving plate. Let the cake cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, make the chocolate ganache by combining the remaining cup of chocolate chunks and cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl and heat until the cream is very hot so it will melt the chocolate (heat in 30 second intervals to avoid burning).
- Remove bowl from microwave and stir until the chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Spread chocolate ganache evenly over the cooled cake and let glaze set for a few hours before serving.