Serves: 8 servings
- 1 pastry for 9-inch pie shell
- ½ lb bacon
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- 4 eggs
- 7 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1¾ cups milk
- 1 tsp salt pinch white pepper pinch cayenne
- ½ lb Swiss cheese, grated
- 2 oz Gruyere cheese*, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line one 9 or 9½-inch pie plate with pastry.
- Flute edges for a standing rim.
- Chill while preparing filling.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel and crumble into small pieces.
- In large mixing bowl combine eggs,
- Buttermilk Blend, milk, salt, pepper and cayenne and beat thoroughly with rotary beater until foamy. Arrange crumbled bacon and onion in pastry-lined pie plate.
- Add Swiss and Gruyere cheese to form next layer.
- Pour egg/buttermilk mixture over cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean from the center of the mixture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- *If Gruyere is unavailable, substitute with sharp aged Swiss cheese.
Calories: 446 Fat: 31g Saturated fat: 14g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 797mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 19g Cholesterol: 61mg