RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE CREAM COFFEE CAKE
Serves: 16 servings
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- ½ cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, melted
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, divided
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve ½ the mixture for the topping.
- To remaining crumb mixture add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and Buttermilk Blend.
- Mix well.
- Add water, egg, melted CHUNKS, almond extract and vanilla.
- Blend well with beater.
- Spread over bottom of 9” spring form pan.
- Spread batter 1 inch up on sides of pan.
- In small mixing bowl blend together cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Add ½ cup of CHUNKS then spread over batter in pan.
- Spread jam over top of CHUNKS layer, then sprinkle top with 1 cup of reserved flour mixture and rest of CHUNKS.
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until toothpick tests done.
Calories: 352 Fat: 19g Saturated fat: 11g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 44g Sugar: 25g Sodium: 224mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 41mg