Saco Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese Soup
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ⅔ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup turnip, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half cream
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups water Salt to taste
- Melt butter in 4 quart soup pan and add carrot, celery, onion, and turnip.
- Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 5 cups of chicken broth and stir.
- Add half and half.
- Put Buttermilk Blend in a bowl and slowly whisk in last cup of broth until no lumps remain and add to pot.
- Heat about 10 minutes and add cheeses.
- Add water, cook on med. heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Calories: 452 Fat: 33g Saturated fat: 21g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 986mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 18g Cholesterol: 100mg