A Good Friday tradition. Folklore says that if you eat them with a friend, you’ll be friends for life.
HOT CROSS BUNS
Serves: 8 rolls
- ⅓ Classic Sweet Dough recipe
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ c raisins or currants or a mixture of the two
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2-4T of milk
- Spread dough into 15 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Sprinkle half of cinnamon-sugar mixture and half of raisins
- Fold dough over and spread out again
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and raisins
- Fold over again.
- Split dough into 8 portions
- Gently pull ends under until portions look like neat rolls
- Place on a parchment paper lined pan
- Cover and allow to rise on the pan for 30 to 45 mins
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely
- Add milk to powdered sugar, 1 T at a time until it forms a thick frosting
- Put into a piping bag and pipe crosses onto cooled rolls.